so typical day yesterday to end a typically exhausting week.
oilers lost...surprise surprise. 4-1 loss to the San Jose Sharks...unfortunately the best team in the Western Conference. First Nilsson fudges a breakaway cause his stick broke...then we lose Stortini and Souray. Now, losing Stortini- i'm not complaining, I never liked him anyways.
But Souray? NOOOOOOO. We lost our biggest weapon. And I mean weapon. His shot can break people's legs. I honestly think he should just target opposing defenceman and aim for their ankles when he's on the blueline. Seriously, if they move out of the way (which is what they would do if they know what's good for them), then Souray gets a free shot on net. If not, the d-man gets injured. Either way, we benefit. Sigh...souray is also our All-Star representative this year...first Hemmer, now the Mighty Souray-Whose-Slapshot-Can-Kill.
I had a conversation about Souray with LokYan and Mr Karas yesterday. During Period 4 spare. How I love my spares. Naturally Karas was teaching- meaning an opportune time to come in a usurp his authority. Not that there's much of it to begin with. But you get my point.
Now Mr Karas is probably the most laidback teacher in the school. And I mean it in a good way. Everyone loves Mr Karas. From eating while he's teaching in the library, to disturbing his gym classes, everyone just wants to spend time with him. So naturally, LokYan and I go for our much needed dose of insightful, memorable chat with Mr. Karas. Meaning we make fun of him most of the time.
Anyways, so we go in to his Grade 10 math class. And everyone is working. Well, 2/3 of them were working- QUIETLY- which is freaking amazing for a Karas class (oh those Grade 10s...). The others are drawing on the board, locking each other out of the classroom, chatting..doing normal stuff students SHOULD do in his class. I love conversations with Mr Karas. We always talk about hockey (duh), how bad we were in Grade 10, and how Mr Karas needs to work on his authority. I remember we were trying to convince him to get the back of his face tattooed on the back of his head. Or a copy of his face on the back of his head.
Then suddenly, we see the principal chatting to someone outside the door. Everyone goes silent...we all rush to the desks and sit down (even LokYan and I..even though we're not in Grade 10...let alone in Karas' class), and Mr Karas starts bs-ing wonderfully about geometric and arithmetic series...probably repeating what he was supposed to be teaching that lesson. We all pretend to pay attention, take notes, and even ask questions...so funny..."Mr Karas, I still don't understand what
t and
n stand for in the arithmetic sequence..."
so funny
Sigh. I'm really going to miss OSA. Where else would we be allowed to make fun of and usurp the authority of our gym teacher, call our beloved chem/bio teacher "D-Dawg", have a bio teacher less mature than we are, discuss the most scandalous (not to mention hilarious) stories about historical figures with our social teacher, drink tea and have a "bring-food" rotation with the nicest, most kindest french teacher in the world, make fun of the principal with our PA teacher, go for nature walks and talk about getting drunk at Aftergrad with our math teacher, and talk about Oilers, really bad puns, and eating asian desserts with our calculus teacher. You'll probably notice I left out the english teacher. Well, it's kind of self-explanatory. Yes I realize I wrote a really bad run-on sentence. Maybe that's why i didn't mention anything nice about English.
10 points to whoever can guess each of the teachers i'm referring to correctly.
now to write my two essays due monday. yippie
11 days till death