Hey there! Welcome to my blog! This is my personal page where I talk about what's been going on in life. I talk A LOT.
Just want the gist of things? Head over to my tumblr page--> Above the Stars
disclaimer
just a side note
This is just a personal way to express my thoughts/feelings/whatever I feel like sharing. Thanks for dropping by- feel free to leave a comment in my cbox!
inspiration
1 John 4:10-12, 16b
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy— think about such things.
mystery behind the mask?
not another pretty face
Name: Rissa Age: Year of the Sheep Bday: Libra
I'm an ever changing, ever developing person still looking for my little niche in the world. I believe in miracles, dreams that come true, and unfailing love. Friends and family make my world go round, and the hand that holds my world belongs to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
I love singing, dancing in the rain, laughing until I can't breathe, pretty things, children, and hot hockey boys. The Edmonton Oilers are the hockey team of my heart, and I cheer for Team Canada with every ounce of my being every year at the World Juniors. My most treasured possession is probably my violin- it's been through all the ups and downs of the past 5 years with me, and taken all my frustrations.
What more can I say? I'm a pretty average person- I go to school, I work, I eat a lot, and I have a lot of love to give.
I don't know what the future has in store for me, neither do I have an idea of what I want that future to look like. I'm just taking one day at a time, trying to remain patient as the story of my life unfolds before me.
Hope you had a wonderful birthday WENZ. haha, now you're 17, just like me...
Anyways, this week's weather has been absolutely dreadful. I can't go for walks or anything, so I'm stuck inside. And I'm getting really tired of sitting at my computer all day, especially since facebook is so addicting. So today my sister and I baked some yummy banana bread and a hot fudge pudding cake. They were really easy to make, you just kind have to get the feel for what you're doing, keep an eye on the oven, and be prepared for lots and lots of cleaning.
Mom's Special Best Ever Banana Muffins 1) Mash 4 1/2 cups of ripe bananas. It's best to use frozen bananas (frozen fruit has the best flavour). But if you use unfrozen, less ripe bananas, add a cup of milk to add extra moisture. 2) Add in: 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 3 eggs, 1 cup of melted butter. Optional- if you like your banana bread really rich and moist, add 1/2-1 cup of milk 3) Mix well- depending on how you like your banana bread, you can mix the batter less so the bananas are more chunky, or you can blend it really well so the mixture is really fine. However, to retain as much moisture as possible, don't mix the batter too much- the consistency of the batter should be really thick and gloopy (kind of clumpy) 4)Blend in: 3 tsp baking soda, 3 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp of table salt, 4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (we used whole wheat flour) 5)OPTIONAL: add 1 cup of raisins or chopped walnuts for fun... 6)Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown. Another way to tell if the bread/muffins are done is to take a fork or dowel and poke it through the center of the pan. When you remove the fork, if wet batter sticks to the fork- obviously your baking isn't done yet. It took about 25 mins to bake the banana bread, but it may differ depending on the strength of your oven. So just check the baking every 10 mins or so- if the fork comes away clean from the bread/muffins, and the bread/muffins feels as firm as they should be, then it's done.
This recipe makes around 20 muffins, depending on the size of your muffin trays. We didn't use muffin trays, but cake pans- and we filled up four small cake pans. ANOTHER WARNING: the mix rises so that you end up with a loaf that's over twice the height/volume of the original batter we put in. So only put in a thin layer (half the height of the pan) cuz it will rise (yay baking soda...)
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake We're still working on refining this recipe- we've done it twice, but it's still too sweet- so if you don't like it too sweet, cut down on the sugar. This is REALLY EASY to make, but you have to watch it while it's in the oven.
1)Sift together: 1 cup flour (again, we used whole wheat flour) 2 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp table salt 3/4 cup white sugar (i think net time we'll use only 1/2 cup of sugar- cuz it's REALLY sweet) 2 tbsp cocoa powder 2)Stir in: 1/2 cup of milk (we used 1 %, you can use 2% for a more creamy texture) 2 tbsp melted butter (use margarine if you're more health conscious) 3)OPTIONAL: Blend in 1 cup of chopped nuts. - Because Chelsey has a huge sweet tooth, we went a bit choco-crazy and added 1 cup of chocolate chips- try 1 cup of unsweetened bitter chocolate chips for a less sugary choco flavour. 4)Pour mixture into a 9" X 9" pan (we used a glass Pyrex pan) 5)In a separate mixing bowl, combine: 1 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup of cocoa powder Sprinkle this mix on top of the cake mix. 6)Pour 1 3/4 cup of very hot water over entire batter. The hot H2O and brown sugar/cocoa will mix to form the hot fudge on top of the cake. 7)Bake at 350 degrees for roughly 40 mins- or until the water and brown sugar/cocoa has bubbled into a fudge-like consistency. But don't let it bake too long- otherwise the fudge will harden, and the cake will be really dry- we want a pudding cake consistency.
Sigh. Addicted to Justin Bieber- susperstar of the future. He's a 15 yr old R&B singer from Ontario who was signed by USHER. Usher and Justin Timberlake had a bidding war over him, and Justin Bieber chose to sign with Usher. He's a really good singer- and kind of adorable. My sister has a huge crush on him. But he makes me ROFL- he's started to talk like Usher, with G lingo and everything. And it's hilarious when a 15 yr old whose voice hasn't cracked yet says "shawty" in his songs...ROFLOLOLOLOLOL
singing Chris Brown's "With You". I think he was 14 in this...so cute
His first single "One Time"- the MV reached #4 on the Much Music Video Countdown.