What an awesome weekend
Chinese New Year + Valentine's Day + Family Day Long weekend.
Wowsers.
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!! my mom's student turns 12 today. How epic is that? She's year of the tiger, and turns 12 right on the New Year of the Tiger. AND it's Valentine's Day. So her parents bought her a new piano- nice
n'est-ce pas?Something I've realized (much to my dismay) is how easily I make a fool of myself. Especially in front of a lot of people. Bringing me to Saturday- Oilers Autograph Session was held at WEM. I had work, but one of my students couldn't come, and miraculously that break was right when the autograph session was being held.
although I didn't have enough time to line up for autographs, I decided to take pictures of the tables near Yamaha. But then I had a brilliant (not) idea. Why not try and make the Oilers laugh while taking a video of it?
It started with Cogliano- cuz he didn't look very happy. So I thought,
why not make him laugh? I did it for you Bella. So I said the first thing that popped into my head which came out like
"Do you feel weird looking at pictures of yourself all day?"***Major facepalm.
*** Well DUH charissa. Waste of a conversation with him. And I got funny looks from everyone. Well done.
Then I went to Hemsky- who broke my heart when I realized he's kind of a snob. And he rejected me. AGAIN. (
flashbacks to last years autograph session when he refused to look up at my camera...). And I was so STUPID. I wanted to ask him how many little babies he'd had to sign- like when parents put a tiny jersey on their baby and put the baby on the table and the player signs the jersey? Except it came out like
"How many little kids have you had to sign".
Another facepalm. He totally ignored me. And he was signing something for two little kids. I felt like such a jerk.
So to redeem myself I went to Penner's table and tried to come up with something clever. Which ended in failure cuz I asked
"Do you feel sad when you have to sign jerseys that don't have your number on it?". WHATAFAIL.
So lesson #1? I shouldn't open my mouth so much. Cuz garbage just comes out. And I make a fool of myself. In front of people I would really like to seem cool to.
Also, I kind of felt like a huge
JERK. I may not have wanted an autograph, but I still treated these players like items on display by taking pictures and videos of them. I wasn't being very sympathetic. So this year, yes I'll post pictures and videos, but never again. Next year, I'll show my care and support for the players by not going at all. One less girl trying to stalk them.







oh yeah. my sister had a blast at TOC on Thursday. here's what her dress looked like. ENVY.

btw, first medal for Canada at the Olympics came yesterday night- Jenn Heil got
SILVER in women's mogul skiing. Fantastic finish. The gold medallist was just
that much better.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE- who cares if you're single or not. My only valentine came from my 8 year old student. And my sister ate the chocolate. Oh well...