So I went to WEM today to try and get into the Grand Opening for Victoria's Secret...except after half an hour in the lineup I decided it wasn't worth it. It's not like the store is going anywhere...and I'm working there...soooooo
I just went window shopping instead...
can't wait for fall stuff to arrive. And back to school sales :) I hate summer weather. Wearing short shorts and itty bitty tank tops out is not my thing. And after a month of 34 degree weather in Asia, I'm all hot-summer-ed out.
It's funny, but I actually prefer shopping when I'm by myself. I mean, I love going to the mall with friends, but when I'm actually looking for specific clothes, I prefer being alone. It's as if I'm on a specific mission, and since I hate the huge crowds at malls, I just wanna be in and out of the store. And I feel bad making people wait while I try on things.
So after ditching the VS line-up, I went to Sephora to shop for perfume. The bottles are so pretty, and I've been trying to find the
perfect scent. I got tired after one wall of spraying the tester paper things...but I did narrow down my favorites to just three :)
Lola - Marc Jacobs
Daisy - Marc Jacobs
Vera Wang - Princess
Lola might be a bit too strong for me, but I loved how girly
Daisy and
Princess were.
Glam Princess by Vera Wang, and
Apple by Nina Ricci were also up there for me.
*Sigh*, I wish brand name perfume wasn't so expensive...like $75 for a small bottle? I'll have to pick just one and save up for it slowly, slowly, slowly...
Finished a couple books...
25)
Forest Born -
Shannon HaleAnother Shannon Hale read...love her- makes me reminisce about my fantasy/fairy tale loving high school days :)
26)
The World Above -
Cameron DokeyAnother of the
Once Upon a Time series...they're getting worse and worse. Worser. This one was a retelling of Jack and the Beanstalk. The ideas for all these retellings are really good, but there's no way you can satisfyingly tell the story in such short novels. I wish the authors could develop their ideas into fuller novels, just cause I get annoyed with how underdeveloped everything is within 175 pages. Seriously, it's like reading my topic outlines for essays...
27)
According to Jane -
Marilyn BrantI'm actually not done this one, but so far it's good. I'm definitely rooting for the protagonist, and although I can already see where the plot is going, I'm enthralled enough that I want in for the whole ride. Hopefully there'll be a couple plot surprises...
I super pumped for the next couple days. I hung out with Erin tonite, and drove her home! Well, my mom was in the car too, just in case anything went wrong, but she sat in the back seat, so I was able to just try driving while relaxed. And it worked out okay! I didn't run though any 4-way stops or red lights! And I didn't side swipe anything! Now that I'm getting all the car insurance stuff sorted out, I can actually drive- by myself. That's the next step, but I'm looking forward to it. I wanna prove that I can handle this kind of thing. Even if I hate driving. And who knows? I might have my own car soon....just cause my parents need their own cars, not cause I want one real bad. I'll still hate driving in winter, and still love bussing.
But tomorrow I'll be hanging out at the Fringe with Steph. It's been a while since I've gone, and I'm excited. Doing something different and taking in one of Edmonton's festivals beats doing the normal "hang out at the mall" routine.
Didn't exercise today....cause it was raining, and eventually hailing. But I did bus to uni and to WEM, so at least I wasn't on my bum the whole day...