Hey there! Welcome to my blog! This is my personal page where I talk about what's been going on in life. I talk A LOT.
Just want the gist of things? Head over to my tumblr page--> Above the Stars
disclaimer
just a side note
This is just a personal way to express my thoughts/feelings/whatever I feel like sharing. Thanks for dropping by- feel free to leave a comment in my cbox!
inspiration
1 John 4:10-12, 16b
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy— think about such things.
mystery behind the mask?
not another pretty face
Name: Rissa Age: Year of the Sheep Bday: Libra
I'm an ever changing, ever developing person still looking for my little niche in the world. I believe in miracles, dreams that come true, and unfailing love. Friends and family make my world go round, and the hand that holds my world belongs to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
I love singing, dancing in the rain, laughing until I can't breathe, pretty things, children, and hot hockey boys. The Edmonton Oilers are the hockey team of my heart, and I cheer for Team Canada with every ounce of my being every year at the World Juniors. My most treasured possession is probably my violin- it's been through all the ups and downs of the past 5 years with me, and taken all my frustrations.
What more can I say? I'm a pretty average person- I go to school, I work, I eat a lot, and I have a lot of love to give.
I don't know what the future has in store for me, neither do I have an idea of what I want that future to look like. I'm just taking one day at a time, trying to remain patient as the story of my life unfolds before me.
Still not excited about it. I'll probably start freaking out tomorrow. And then Bella will have to slap me upside the head and tell me "CHILD. Calm yourself."
The funny part is that I can totally see that happening.
Anyways, thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. It gets me more excited when other people are being excited for me.
At least out of all the days in September, God saved the best weather for my birthday. I love Alberta blue skies. No where else in the world can you get skies THIS BLUE. And 25 degrees after three consecutive weeks of cold? What a good birthday gift. Studying outside, with campus so beautiful with all the colourful leaves falling gently, laying on the soft green grass looking up at the blue blue skies, spotting the occasional fluffy white cloud, feeling the sunlight warming my face...so good.
We're actually so fortunate to have such a beautiful campus with all the big, old trees, and the river valley just next to it. Susanna and I were walking back from Med Sci. this morning, and a gust of wind shook some leaves off the trees, and the way they fell was just so gorgeous. It was like watching those breathtaking cinematographic shots in movies or music videos.
I love Edmonton. Watch me say the opposite once winter has been here a while, and we're shivering in the -30 degree weather lol.
Anyways, back to the point. I've just turned a year older, so it means new theme song and new theme challenge! No it doesn't mean POKEMON theme song and challenges (haha Bella).
Recap of the past three years: 16th year Theme song: I am 16 Going on 17 (of course...) Theme challenge: So be more sociable and build relationships with everyone
17th year Theme song: Seventeen Forever- by Metro Station Theme challenge: To make as many high school memories as possible, and to strengthen all relationships to last beyond high school
18th year Theme song: No songs had 18 in it...so I picked I Gotta Feeling- by BEP lol Theme challenge: To be positive and encouraging like Barnabas. I'm not sure if I really accomplished this, I think it's gonna take a heck lot more work. and it doesn't help that school makes you view life kind of pessimistically.
So I'm still debating my theme song and challenge for my 19th year. Here's what's been jumping out so far... Theme song: no cop outs...can't think of any songs that sing about being 19, so i had to dig through my mp3 player lol - I Could Have Danced All Night- from the musical My Fair Lady - Like a G6- GO FM....except I don't really party...so this doesn't really apply to me - Lovers in Japan- Coldplay. If my life were a movie, this would be the song playing in the background as I walk to school, sit on the bus, travel between classes...
I've pretty much figured out my theme challenge. Lately I've been really into the idea of LOVE. Not just Love as described in 1 Corinthians 13, but maybe the toughness, the blunt, in-your-face truth kind of love as described in 1 John 4. And being positive and encouraging is part of love.
All in all, I wanna love like Jesus did. Remember when everyone used to say WWJD? I kind of prefer LLJD- Love Like Jesus Does. Because love covers over a multitude of sins. Because love is the greatest commandment there is. Because perfect love drives out fear. Because love is patient and kind, and everything in between. Because God is love.
God has given me so many opportunities lately to just LOVE people. To not judge them, or talk about school or blah blah blah. To just live life with them, to love them, to hopefully show Jesus' light to them. It's kind of what Lauren Barlow said in an interview I saw last year- all struggles can be traced to a lack of an aspect of love. Lack of patience, lack of truth, lack of understanding, a lack of respect.
Which reminds me...I kind of need to start re-memorizing verses. And references.
Anyways, tomorrow I shall decide my theme song for my 19th year, and my life will be complete...just kidding
Tomorrow I have to survive o chem lab. And volunteering. So I can watch the new episode of Glee :)