10 points to Natalie for guessing all teachers correctly. You always have to win don't you?
Anyways, Oilers finally won. Thank goodness. 2-1 victory over St. Louis...coincidentally the worst team in the Western Conference (are they even close to .500?). Seriously. If they didn't win, I would have cried. Like 50% percent of their best players are injured. How should we not be capable of winning? But it's the Oilers and they always find a way.
However, the Oilers WON and as a result, I am not crying. SAM GAGNER SCORED...teehee...which makes me happy, and I don't care that we actually didn't play all that well. Gagner's goal was NICE...who knew he had a such a strong slapshot. haha...maybe he should challenge Souray...jk jk
I am so loving the Gagner-Cole connection. They're doing so much better than the top line with Penner-Horcoff-Reddox. Like seriously, Penner isn't effective cuz he tries to be an elite player instead of parking his big backside in front of the goalie's face. Horcoff is just...GAH...i really don't like him this season. And Reddox? well...considering he just got called up from Springfield a couple weeks ago he's ok. ACK I WANT HEMSKY BACK. WHY CAN'T HIS NOSE STOP BOTHERING HIM. stupid concussion.
Kudos to the two Springfield call-ups "
Jillllll-berrt" Brule who got his first NHL goal...and first NHL point, and well as Ryan Potulny (who I didn't know was an Oilers prospect...) who got two assists for his first points as an Oiler.
mmmm i only watched parts of the first and second period. Brule's goal was nice, great feed from Potulny...set up by Gagner...teehee again. i liked how Stevie Staios of all people had two shorthanded chances (ok...so what happened there?), played up by the side of the net on the powerplay... and Gagner played literally a whole shift on the blueline
weird. the day Gagner plays as a d-man...it's like when Smid played a couple games as a forward instead of a defenceman. Actually, Smid was okay up front, he didn't play awfully or anything...just not well enough.
is it just me or is it incredibly frustrating how we can't capitalize on chances? We get such good opportunities but it always seems like the puck is a magnet headed towards the goalie's glove or tummy...i watched highlights...man, staios had chances, pouliot had a huge chance...sigh
k, I'm looking at the pics from the game and I see a pic of S-MacIntyre...HE's BACK?!?!?! YES RETURN OF THE BIG MAC muahaha. I love that guy...the only player who has come close to replacing Georges Laraque. Stortini fails (and is out...) so thank goodness we have SMACK-intyre back in the lineup.
sigh...
english essay
I really don't want to lie and pretend I have 1000 words...but really, I don't have a choice. I'm 40 words over, and after three years, I don't think *she* will tolerate 40 words over the limit. 40 words is like 2 sentences...that's quite a bit if I consolidate...dang...back to editing
i wonder if i'm ever going to get a good mark on an english essay. The last good ones were last year in 20IB...that one beautiful in class essay that got me 94...even our beloved SU president was jealous.
I can sacrifice some marks, and I am definitely not expecting over 90%, but i really need as much of the 50+ marks available as possible. my average is suffering...
song of the day...well more like song of the week. It's been in my head for what seems like forever- Drive My Soul by Lights. Which is really weird...cuz I find her voice really annoying...
But I got hooked on Lights after my summer job at Jacob. They played 91.7 in the mornings before we opened (i always chose opening shifts...so i could go home early) and Drive My Soul was always on. ALWAYS. Same with Bleeding Love, but I just got sick of that one.
Anyways, I got hooked on Drive My Soul last week...and have been listening to it everyday since. I am waiting to get sick of it, so I can remove it from all my playlists.
there's supposed to be a music video for it...but i can't seem to find it...why is it not on youtube? it's on much music...
10 days until death
9 days till Midterms
it was nice knowing all of you