For Part 5, I took a break from friends (sounds bad...) and went to Heritage Festival with my family. There were about 62 different pavilions representing the significant populations of ethno-cultural groups in Edmonton. Wow. That's a lot of different places to come from.
Took the Park N'Ride bus shuttle to Hawrelak. LOLOLOL at my parents taking the bus. That seriously made my day.


Made it to Hawrelak. Thailand pavilion right in front of us

France. boring. all they had were crepes. no berets. i was disappointed

mom and dad

All us girls. My poor dad. I dunno how he's managed to cope with all the estrogen up to this point.

Traditional Japanese dance...except it reminds me of the old people taichi clubs...but SLOWER.

origami balls inside the Japan pavilion

Portugallll

My sister loves Russia. I don't know why

German Pavilion- bahaha at the guy wearing lederhosen playing the accordion. He was singing in German, and I just ROFLMAOLOLOLed as I listened. German makes me laugh. What a language.

Taking a picture with a German officer...Prussian maybe? BAHAHA OTTO VON BISMARCK YES.

Peru...

Nicaraguan dancers

Some band from the Congo pavilion. The flute guy was enjoying himself so much- he was rocking out like it was nobody's business

Welsh Pavilion

Taking pictures at the Welsh pavilion. My dad is a bit ridiculous. ROFL ROFL AT HIS SOCKS.

Vietnam

Serbian dancers. LOL- my sister was like "Why are they wearing gnome hats?"

Ecuador

Romanian dancers. or are they Portuguese? Can't tell.

Croatia...and Croatian singers...and musicians...

Japanese taiko performance (traditional drums). I am stunned at the lack of Japanese people in the Japanese drum group. So confused...

IT'S HOME. ROFL ROFL at all the Caucasians eating satay. Lol, they had fresh coconut milk...and my dad went to peek in the tent kitchen (eye roll)- he came back and was like "the coconuts are from Vietman. What a joke." ROFL ROFL ROFL.

I really wanted ice kacang...but noooo they had to choose other food for the menu. I mean, why nasi lemak? Nasi lemak is not a good picnic/park kind of food. At least ice kacang is appropriate for the hot weather. Sheesh.

Obviously non-Chinese man doing a taichi demonstration. Again, WTH? Actually, my guess is that all the pro Chinese taichi people are sitting in the audience ROFLing at the guy up on stage and shaking their heads going "This man no pro. No ninja skills"

The Chinese Stage with the Chinese tent pavilion in the back. *TEAR* I missed the martial arts demonstration and the HIP HOP PERFORMANCE. WHYYYY

Borneo lion dance. Which is almost exactly the same as the Malaysian lion dance, which is the same as the Chinese lion dance. Yay for Chinese people all over the world.





Israel. No yidding.

Scandinavia- a dance from like Norway or something. Or was it Sweden. Something that ended it Bjorgoniflheimsson. Something like that. LOL. The little girls in the front were SO CUTE though...not caring if they did the dance right or not, just having fun

Uganda

Guatemala

My parents never wait for me

Korean Taekwondo. Again I am stunned by the lack of asians

Colombian dancers

Irish dancers

Indonesian Pavilion

Nederlands guy

On the bus ride home

I love Park N' Ride

Bahaha the bicycle parking lot LOLOLOL
A lot of people biked to Hawrelak though. I couldn't get a whole pic of the lot...but it was huge. and 80% full.