wow.
university already. How the heck did we make it to university? I still can't believe we made it to high school. For all their taller heights and hairstyles, some guys still haven't matured. How are we going to make it through university?
But I guess the magic of it all is that though we can't really comprehend us as adults and whatnot, somehow, we'll mature and grow up without even knowing it.
For me, nervousness and excitement are still very much in conflict- complete with butterflies in my stomach. Being the first on both sides of my family to go to a university in Canada, and Chels not having to go to uni for another 5 years, I have no idea what to expect. Everyone telling me not to worry, and that uni is so easy to figure out really isn't a comfort to me. I have no one to tell me how everything works- I'm pretty much figuring out everything on my own- my parents are really not helping
I spent my last paycheque from Esprit on school supplies and uni textbooks. I'm supposed to buy my sister a new TI-83 cause I lost mine before diplomas and took hers to finish exams. Then I had to spend money buying brand new textbooks cause the U of A bookstore didn't have used textbooks for some courses.
Oh- and I bought a new mp3 player- mine was 4-5 years old and ghetto. I would delete songs off the player and it wouldn't remove the track title from the song list. So people looking through my mp3 player would always be like "How come this song won't play? HELP ME?".
But yeah. last paycheque all gone. I still have money saved up from before- which is going to pay for tuition...i've just been really lazy, and haven't withdrawn the money to go pay yet.
On the plus side, I am in love with my onecard. Best thing ever. It's like the pass to life at university. The UPass is basically my entire source of transportation this year (no more rides to school- have to bus!), and the LPass is so convenient- LOLOLOL i don't have to pay for a new library card once i'm 18. I just hope I don't lose my onecard. I've been losing things so easily this year.
*tear* had to quit my job at Esprit...have no time to work during the school year. I really wish I hadn't gotten hired at Yamaha. Yes they pay twice as much as Esprit does, but I have like...3 students. I mihgt as well work one 8 hour shift a week at Esprit and make commission. Then I would get to work with people I actually like. I've gotten really close to the girls at Esprit, especially the 4-5 of us who are all the same age. At least I'll be back to work during holidays.
Good thing we're not going anywhere for Christmas- sounds strange doesn't it? I'm actually happy I'll be working over vacation? Well, strange, but true. Sadly.
BTW, Happy Birthday Mom.