one more month...
One more month of school- and then finals- and then...FOUR MONTH SUMMER
YES.dear friends- it's been a tough year for us- but I guess we should have expected it. Stay healthy, please get some sleep, and work hard!
I'm looking forward to May already- no school, planning to pick up some summer internships, as well as the usual seasonal job at Esprit.
It'll be nice having an extra two months to work and save up for next year's tuition (and tuition increases....Q__Q).
But what I'm looking forward to most of all is
going back to Asia in late July to mid August. It's not set in stone
per se, but I've saved up a lot of money just to go, so I'll be disappointed if we end up not going. Haha- I'll have saved up nearly $3000 that could have gone towards tuition fees. Or clothes.
Midterms are finally over- and although I didn't do as well on any of them as I had thought I would, I'm kind of okay with it. I did my best (sort of). At the very least, I got the marks I deserved.
Except in Stats. That was just a heartbreaker. I've been more diligent in studying this term, but none of my classes are curved (
which is what saved my butt last semester...), so I'm not really pleased with my marks.
But I just try and let it go. Beating myself up about marks is tempting, and kind of liberating in a really twisted way, but it doesn't change them. I just have to focus on not screwing up my finals, doing much better in ochem lab, write a really good research paper, and I should be okay.
You only need an A for a 4.0 *wink wink*
Work has been kind of stressful and I regret working two days a week. Hindsight is 20/20, but I guess I couldn't have avoided being given so many students. I should have more adamant about putting school first, but the thought of making that much money got me. And coupled with my tendency to accommodate others just made things worse. So now I have to deal with the consequences of my decisions, and just stick things out. Next year though, I'm only working Saturdays till 4pm. No more.
I've been catching up on
reading for fun, which I haven't done since before...well since before OSA. It was hard to enjoy reading in the summers of high school knowing a certain teacher was waiting to destroy every last bit of your self esteem...But I've been reading a ton (which wasn't a good idea during midterms...), and currently I'm reading
The Lost Symbol by
Dan Brown.
I read
Angels and Demons (my personal favorite) and
The Da Vinci Code, and while I think they're good books, there's something very...unsettling about them. Not because of all the conspiracy theories, secret societies, and scandalous mysteries- but there's this emptiness that emanates from the core of the book- that it seems like Langdon and Brown are both searching for something greater and deeper. No matter how interesting their works and studies are, it's not enough to really fulfill them. Maybe it's done on purpose in Langdon, maybe as a reflection of Brown himself?
AH STOP IT. NO MORE ANALYSIS.
It's a LONG book though...I started reading on Tuesday...and I'm only 1/3 of the way through- usually I just devour books and finish them within a couple days. I better finish this before Tuesday though...I only get it for one week lol.