Yamaha is closed for the next week.
I don't have o-chem for two weeks.
Guess what I'm doing?
PAINTING MY NAILSNo worrying about keeping my nails short and trimmed so I can play properly, no worries about washing off nail polish when cleaning glassware...
Life is goodWell, this year's theme/challenge is LOVE, so I'd like to start a daily blog update similar to
Jaeson Ma's 365 Days of Love. But rather than listing something done out of love, to be different, I'll list something that happened that day that motivates me to love others. Or maybe it'll be something I've done or received that has exhibited love.
Kind of like a cross between
"Love Gives Me Hope",
365 Days of Love,
My Life is G,
Pay it Forward and
1000 Blessings. Just something to spread around some love, and to brighten people's day.
But what I want to do it to relate it to some resonating truth about love that can be found in the Bible.
So since it's October 6, I have 9 days to make up for. Let's see:
1) Today I gave up my seat on the lrt for two little kids so they could sit near their mom and little baby. I had my earbuds in, so I couldn't really hear anything, but I think they said thank you. The kids were really cute :)
Love is kind...1 Corinthians 13:42) Bella bought me bbt, even though she didn't need too. Yes she got an extra stamp on her bbt card out of it, but she's my sister-in-Christ, and she always loves giving without receiving. She wants to love others, and desires to be a shining light for Christ. But she doesn't talk about it- she does it. For all the years I've known her, for all the things we've gone through, I know she's not a talker, but a doer. She jumps head first in love, and never holds back. She's definitely someone I look at when it comes to loving people without hesitation. After all, it was her open heart that crashed into me along the boards at the Ice Palace those many years ago. and her open heart glomped me and hasn't let me go yet.
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth...1 John 3:183) Listened to a friend's fears about the future and frustration about school and her career path. Everyone wonders and questions their actions, and I completely understood everything she was going through. I had even asked myself the same things. So it was like God had put me there to listen because I was the right person to hear it. And I couldn't understand why she was so thankful for me listening- I'm her friend, friends are there for one another. Friends love each other.
A friend loves at all time...Proverbs 17:174) My bible study group on campus was really gracious and listened to some of the stuff I've dealt with in the past few weeks. I'm very grateful that they took everything seriously and genuinely prayed for me when I've only known them a few months. They definitely strive to be more like Christ and to love like him.
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God....1 John 4:75) On Tuesday I had to leave for home right after lab to make sure food was on the table for my sister and my mom. Sometimes I get really fed up with my sister, and sometimes I feel like not coming home and making her fend for herself. But I didn't, because spite doesn't really get you anywhere. And although "punishing" her feels good for a while, it doesn't last.
Love is patient...1 Corinthians 13:46) Saw someone I didn't really like today. They're the kind of person that just needs to grow up. Was very tempted to ignore and snub them, but I know in the end, it's not worth it. I don't have to be their best friend, I still need to show love. so I said hi, and I'll try to be warmer and more open around them.
Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs...Proverbs 10:127) I'm 19, and my parents still make sure I have a lunch everyday. They don't need to, but my parents love me and my sis straight through the bone. Tough love isn't easy to take, and maybe I've been blind in the past, but I don't think I've appreciated how much my parents love me till lately. They definitely exhibit selfless love when it comes to Chels and I.
The Parable of the Lost Son sums up everything...8)I have a friend who always buys me a frappucino or a cookie or something whenever she meets up with me. I always tell her not to, but she has a very giving, loving heart. I miss her a lot, but I'm so inspired by how she lives with her hands open, not clenching her possessions to herself.
Love is not self-seeking...1 Corinthians 13:59) I've been best friends with someone about/over 10 years now. And although we've gone through tough spots, had fights, faced growing pains and all the fun stuff in growing up, I've never not loved her. God put us together when we really needed each other, and to this day, I can honestly say
Love never fails...1 Corinthians 13:8Wheewwww that was a lot. If I do it more consistently, there'll be less to have to go through. Hopefully as I go along, I'll get better and better at writing these.