This morning we had SYATP and I was soooo happy. The fact that 27 people were willing to come to school at 7:30 in the morning to come and pray for the next year is just so encouraging. OSAF peeps- I heart you.
OSAF is family to me...I'm gonna miss you all so much when I graduate. Anyways, SYATP totally made my day. I was singing Chris Tomlin on my way to classes. I was in such a happy euphoric mood...until I got my Social exam back....but that's a whole nother story
Anyways, like an idiot, I forgot my camera, so i didnt take pics of all of us this morning. sigh. Anyways, I am stoked for the OSAF trip to the corn maze next week. Hopefully a lot of us will come out. Even if it is all grade 10ers...
lols...Dustin Penner splayed a prank on his Oiler teammates while they were up in Jasper for team bonding. So funny. A Saw mask plus 6ft4 250 pound buff hockey player dressed in all black = incredibly scary...good times good times
anyways, me sad now
Taeyeon Kim didn't make it to the Top 20 finalists for SYTYCD. But I guess that's alright- cuz he CAN dance. This competition just isn't the right thing for him. lols dance battles on the streets would probably work better for his style.
Taeyeon oppa FIGHTING!
Finally this year, our school's logo is something that isn't ridiculously crappy. Every year, we have this logo contest to see what creative logo the students can come up with for our school. Every year I submit a logo of an Olympic torch with OSA on it- cuz our school's sports teams are called the "Old Scona Olympians". So we're Olympians. So we should get an Olympic torch. Technically, it is our official logo...but we never get that logo put on any of our school agendas, newsletters, letters, clothing...etc. Only the sport teams so far have gotten the torch. Which is unfair in my honest opinion. Letting everyone wear the OSA Olympic torch would only increase school spirit. In Grade 10, the logo for that year was a key. A key. An ugly key. And I now have sweatpants with a key forever on them. I would wear school clothing so much more often if it had the torch on it.

this is our logo. which looks awesome as it is. by itself. with no year or extra crap on it. just like this. but of course, Student's Union never listens to me. My friend even had a cool idea of putting "CENTENNIAL" underneath OSA on the torch. That wold be so much better than putting down the year on the logo. The year would give too much away. Like how old I am. Like when I graduated. Stalkers would go crazy with happiness, following us OSA students with the years we went to that school on our clothes. grrrr
Anyways, finally this year we get the Olympic torch on our school clothing. So this year I'm gonna splurge and buy OSA sweatpants and maybe a pullover hoodie. Cuz OSA clothing is gonna be much nicer than University of Alberta clothing. No offense to the U of A, but gold and forest green aren't exactly my favorite colors. At least OSA has red...or MAROON as we have to say...No fair. Harry Ainlay gets royal blue and white. I love blue. ROYAL blue is my favorite type of blue. And they get white with it. That looks so classy together. It's like Ravenclaw in Harry Potter!!! Ross Sheppard gets light blue and navy. Again blue. You can never go wrong with blue. But NOOOOOO Old Scona gets MAROON, GOLD, and GREEN. If the colours weren't so drabby and old fashioned we would look like traffic lights. So maybe it's a good thing we have old school colours.
Well, at least we aren't the Old Scona TI-83s or the Old Scona Calculators, as we are so humourously thought of. We're Olympians. Which is awesomer than the Ross Sheppard Thunderbirds. What are thunderbirds? oh wait....i remember, it's like a mythological creature. muh bad. lol...when recruiters came to my junior high in Grade 9 from Ross Sheppard they gave out free wristband/bracelet things saying "Go T-Birds Go! I'm a Fan". Lol, I didn't even consider Ross Shep as one of my top 3 on my list of high schools i wanted to attend. And I took a bracelet anyways. Hey, they were free. And blue. I love blue.
Harry Ainlay Composite High gets the Titans as their team name. Obviously they're a huge rival of the OSA Olympians. And I say huge, cuz Harry Ainlay is huge. They have over 2300 students. OSA has 350. hmmmmmmmmmmm....well i wonder who wins more often? Actually, OSA can pwn in almost everything except sports. We just dont have enough people signing up for teams. Not that I can say anything cuz I'm not on a sport team either....me no got time.
But I have an excuse. Cuz I'm involved with music and the arts side, rather than athletics. Performing Arts is my love. PA = family.