Hey there! Welcome to my blog! This is my personal page where I talk about what's been going on in life. I talk A LOT.
Just want the gist of things? Head over to my tumblr page--> Above the Stars
disclaimer
just a side note
This is just a personal way to express my thoughts/feelings/whatever I feel like sharing. Thanks for dropping by- feel free to leave a comment in my cbox!
inspiration
1 John 4:10-12, 16b
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy— think about such things.
mystery behind the mask?
not another pretty face
Name: Rissa Age: Year of the Sheep Bday: Libra
I'm an ever changing, ever developing person still looking for my little niche in the world. I believe in miracles, dreams that come true, and unfailing love. Friends and family make my world go round, and the hand that holds my world belongs to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
I love singing, dancing in the rain, laughing until I can't breathe, pretty things, children, and hot hockey boys. The Edmonton Oilers are the hockey team of my heart, and I cheer for Team Canada with every ounce of my being every year at the World Juniors. My most treasured possession is probably my violin- it's been through all the ups and downs of the past 5 years with me, and taken all my frustrations.
What more can I say? I'm a pretty average person- I go to school, I work, I eat a lot, and I have a lot of love to give.
I don't know what the future has in store for me, neither do I have an idea of what I want that future to look like. I'm just taking one day at a time, trying to remain patient as the story of my life unfolds before me.
CONGRATS TO CAROL AND ESTHER!!! JUST BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!!
I was so excited and like half of our OSAF group showed up to watch Carol and Esther get baptized. It was so beautiful. Lols, Esther was so excited, she literally bounced her way down into the baptismal tank and yelled "YES" into the microphone. But yes, I am proud of you two- HEART YOU. And to celebrate the momentous occasion I made special cards (as always). Except I did the impossible and toned down the pink and girliness for Carol's card. But I couldn't resist the glitter glue. lols *PIKA*
This Easter has been pretty chill. Good Friday we had a whole bunch of people over and once again I was the designated baby-sitter. But it was ok, cuz we watched the Oilers game (which we actually won), and played slapjack and jumped on each other, and other lovely things us kids do.
Saturday, was pretty normal, had volunteering then had a friend over for a movie marathon. Lol, we watched "Emma", the version with Gwyneth Paltrow, then managed to get through the first two LOTR movies. Gosh those movies are long.
Sunday- EASTER SUNDAY!!! HE IS RISEN!!! Went to church, had Easter breakfast there. It was so cute, we hid Easter eggs with chocolate and bible verses inside them all over the community hall, and watched all the little kids find them. So cute. I basically cheated and gave out eggs to all the kids I take care of in nursery, because I love them that much.
After service, went to watch Carol and Esther get baptized. Squished into a row in between Julia and Albert...there were at least 12 of us all crammed into one pew...it was pretty intimate. The service was in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese, so there were translators, or the people speaking would translate what they were saying themselves. But Albert and Daniel *cough cough* kept laughing at the Chinese and the English-spoken-with-Chinese-accents. Albert literally had his hand over his mouth half the time trying to stop laughing....he was like "it's too much...". And Daniel was just sitting there with his mouth half open...amazed at the Chinese skill. oh boys. BTW, thank you Julia for being my personal Mandarin translator.
Anyways, my present for all of yous: one really bad cover of Drive My Soul (finally got one done...), and one really random vid of a group of us singing Heart of Worship, complete with two seconds of backup dancers.
I'll redo the Drive My Soul cover later...but after trying to record it 10 times, I just got sick of it, and took the best one...