so.I was all pumped up for my first session as a
violin teacher (SCARYYY). My mom gave me a pep talk, gave me like three pages worth of tips and do's-and-don'ts, and even tried to accompany me to my studio...thanks Mom, but I
am almost 18...not
that much of a child anymore...
Then I got to Yamaha...got
(re)introduced to all the salesguys in the shop that have known me ever since my mom started teaching at Yamaha (which for some of the guys means
before I was born...), got
(re)introduced to the owner's son of Yamaha (
ewww).
Then went to the back, to the music studios...only to realize...
YAMAHA LESSONS DON'T START UNTIL NEXT WEEK. Yup. I had emailed the person who coordinates my schedule and students what my schedule was for Friday (as in Friday, Sept 4), and she told me 7:40-8:30pm....so I thought I started this week.
Good job me. So I had been driven out to WEM, and had to be driven back. And I couldn't even pick up violin strings from Yamaha, cuz the ones I wanted were out of stock. I refuse to use any type but the
Dominants. Synthetic core all the way.
Well, at least I took a look at the violin books they offer...I've used that series before, so at least I'll be familiar with the material that I'll be teaching with.
sigh. that was awful- I was basically like "
You've got to be kidding me"
On the plus side, I got paid in advance for two weeks' worth of theory lessons...yay mini-paycheque. Which reminds me...need to pick up my last paycheque from Esprit...
And I finally found an amazing package for my much desired
YAMAHA SV-200. This shop in the States offers a
Yamaha SV-200 Touring Package that contains everything I need- so much easier than me buying the violin, the bow, the amp, the cables, and the case all separately.
Problemo...I dunno if they ship to Canada...but I have emailed them, and am waiting IMPATIENTLY for their reply.
If they can ship to Canada, I'll probably have to use Rutherford to pay for it...teehee, and I'll have my baby SV-200. Am still deciding whether I want black and red, entirely black, or black and blue...I would take black and white if they offered it (
HENRY LAU'S VIOLIN COLORS...)
Money money money
Must be funny
In a rich man's world